Sunday, October 4, 2009

Birthday Week!

Whew...it's been awhile since I've posted. This past week has been a busy one, though. My birthday was a three day event--a concert with Joshua Radin (if you haven't heard him before, he's great! mellow, acoustic music...with some rock in his upcoming album), lunch with my parents, and then dinner and drinks with the boyfriend. And I loved his gift--he made me a collage of pictures of us over the past two and a half years. Even better was that he remembered exactly where we were in each picture.

The rest of my week got caught up in party preparation. It was a combined birthday and CPA party. But there was a risk--my final test score was going to come back on October 1 and my party was scheduled for October 2. Failing that last exam (and therefore spending the next 2 months studying again) could've put a damper on the party mood. Fortunately--I passed!!! I never have to take a test again. Fantastic.

Here's a few pictures of the food from the party:



There was a lot of food: (clockwise) a sweet and salty tray (such a good combination!), homemade chocolate bonbons, chips and salsa, and homemade Mexican roll-ups. I also had some meatballs and artichoke dip. Yes, this was all for about 10 people. Maybe in some later posts, I'll add these recipes...those bonbons are delicious and soo easy to make.

And today I just got back from an Oktoberfest party in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. I'm ready to settle down this week and relax. I've been able to spend a lot of my cooking time thinking of new pattern ideas. And during a wandering tour of Michaels, I found another project--decorating glass ornaments. I started a few of them today and I'll post pictures once they're finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment